Saturday, January 14, 2006

Family: The Real Game?

This confusion on family has led to something I call
Family Worship
Meaning some Saints put their family before their God. This may in the long run stunt the individual’s personal spiritual eternal growth. How is that? In the OT the the very first commandment of the Ten is:


Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:(Exodus 20:3&5)


Then in the NT the Lord Jesus Christ said the following:

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.(Matthew 12:46-50)


There is something in the gospel called the tests of Abraham. If you follow his life and his encounters with God you will see that the Lord tried his faith and tested his worship in a way which seemed to contradict the gospel. However, in the end Abraham chose God over his family and received all of us as an eternal reward. Remember all is not as it appears to be for a purpose. This life is a maze, a puzzle and a scavenger hunt which we must figure out with a little help from our friends. The tests keep coming and they don’t seem fair, but like it or not you are in it to win it. You might want to watch the movie

The Game


starring Michael Douglas to better understand what I’m talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home