Wednesday, January 11, 2006

True Experience

True experience is what gave Joseph Smith his gift to see. However, words alone cannot express or give justice to the finer things of the spirit. I believe because our language is so weak our words tend to degrade the greater knowledge of the cosmos. For that reason I believe the 3 Nephites were forbidden to speak of what they had seen or heard in heaven. Either they couldn't speak it clearly or we wouldn't understand it clearly. Thus "don't throw your pearls before swine." However, being a seeker most of my life I've found it true, "seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you and ask and ye shall receive." This has driven my life into greater light and in that greater light I've seen felt and heard the unspeakable. In fact the very language is light and within that light the life of all things lives. Skousen speaks well from my point of view, but I'm sure I'll fall on your list of suspects. Follow the bread crumbs to Emma's Son "Into the Greater Light".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home