Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Haunting the Blog

I think you guys are a breath of fresh air. You have put a handle on faith that opens doors of understanding.

I went through these type of stages in my youth as I challenged my religion (Lutheran) and culture. My questioning and experiences led me to a NDE at WS ‘69.

From there the Lord took a broken young man and led me via stage 5 faith to this Mormon faith. I have endure it, but many times they have made me feel unwelcome as I’ve tried to explain my journey.

I’m a TBM, but for other reasons than stage 3 saints. Sometimes I feel more comfortable around NOMs because they are honest with their doubts. The truth is I scare both groups. I would withdraw into the shadows if this scripture didn’t haunt me:

“Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.”(Matt. 5:15)

So I will haunt the blog where I can be more honest and not rock the Church. Thanks for sharing your Church horror stories I have a few of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home