Thursday, January 26, 2006

Who Am I?

Reply to: Equality of the Foyer

Thanks Dude no offence taken I enjoy the baptism of fire. By the way "Riders on the Storm" is one of my favorite songs. I guess I'm just that ugly duckling who can't find his flock! Anyway I've learned over the years not to share too much to soon or people get the wrong impression. I follow the old saying, "feed them, but leave them hungry." In any case here is the short version of who I am.

My screen name comes from Nauvoo. Old Charley was the favorite horse Joseph rode. My middle name is Charles and my mother's name is Emma. I love the Prophet Joseph Smith and know he is Jesus' best friend. And this is how I know:

Having been raised a Lutheran and always believing in Jesus Christ as a youth I began in my mid-teens to think and feel there had to be something greater to religion than just confessing faith in Jesus Christ. I turned from my church, but not from my Jesus in a quest to find the true meaning of life. However, in taking the risk of throwing off organized religion and seeking truth wherever I could find it I made a vow to my God. This vow was if I died before I found the greater answer I would call upon Jesus Christ to save me and put my simple faith to the ultimate test. This set the stage for my NDE at Woodstock in 1969 and my rebirth (born again) experience leading me into the greater light. This greater light led me to a testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church. I was led to WS following the teachings of Jimi Hendrix who sang "have you ever been experienced? Well I have." My life experience started with faith in Jesus Christ and my search through life led me to greater knowledge in Christ and Christ led me to Joseph Smith and this great true Church.

My friends in real life know me as Charlie. When I was a young teen my older cousin (Francis) would tease the life out me calling me by my middle name. My first name is Robert and I went by Bobby. Francis was big and mean and would drive me crazy by calling me Charlie. "Sorry Charlie (tuna) only the best get to be Star Kissed." and there was also a "Good'n Plenty Charlie". I would cry and scream saying my name isn't Charlie to no avail. I pleaded with my parents and Uncle to get him to stop. They kindly told me to learn how to deal with it. It ended the next week when I announced to the whole family my new name is Charlie and has been ever since. My cousin and I became best of friends after that. I think it was Abraham Lincoln who said, "The best way to defeat an enemy is make him a friend."

It is my hope we can all learn to be friends even if we differ in our culture, race, religion, politics or our sexual practices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home